Skip to main content

baby shower




On Tuesday, I encountered the most shocking experience of my life. I am typically a person who knows what will happen prior to it happening. This includes Christmas, birthdays, everything. Only once in my life has this not been the case and it was fittingly, our engagement. However, #2 happened this week. I was asked weeks earlier to meet with our reading specialists after school to discuss phonemic awareness. I agreed and sat down with these wonderful ladies, began talking about phonemic awareness, but then our conversation shifted to software. We had to move into Robin's room to look at her computer. When I entered the room, approximately 15 of my colleagues were there--for my BABY SHOWER!! It was such a lovely surprise. I knew I worked with wonderful people, but I hadn't realized their generosity and kindness until then. Pictured above is a bath toy from our birth instructor, Janice. To the right of that is a "Bundle Me," and two outfits from The Rugged Bear, which is a upscale children's shop in Bedford. Those items were given by our counseling staff--Renee, Erin and Diana. The bluish dress and booties are from my student, Bianca. Finally, the little Striderite shoes and 2 gift cards to the Olive Garden ($50) are from our reading specialists--Robin, Sarah and Rachel. We enjoyed cake, cheese & crackers, & fruit. It was a wonderful, overwhelming event!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...