Skip to main content

8 Weeks




Claire is 8 weeks old today. It is so hard to believe. She is now sleeping 6 hours fairly consistently. In fact, last night she slept 7 hours. She is eating well, but doesn't seem to be getting chubby. It will be interesting to see how much she weighs next week. Since I have known Chris, every Sunday he wears his Patriots jersey. He felt Claire needed to adopt this tradition, so he bought her a Patriots onesie. I must say she looks like a boy, but what can you do?? She still looked cute. On Monday, Claire will be going to daycare. We found an in-home daycare with only 2 other two year olds, so she will be given alot of love and attention. However, it still doesn't change the fact that I am sad. Although staying home with her has had it's share of trying times, I really enjoyed it. I will miss so many of the day to day things--her looking into my eyes when she is eating, snuggling with me, her big smiles when she wakes up, reading to her and hearing her coo. I never thought I could be a stay-at-home Mom, but with a wonderful baby like Claire, I would do it in a heartbeat. She truly has become the light in my life.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???