Skip to main content

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...




Claire is on the move....well, sort of. She is rolling---everywhere. She is now a master, rolling over multiple times--but only to the left. She can't seem to roll to the right. Strange, I know, but right now I kind of enjoy this fact. Chris and I swore before she was born that we would never have a "family bed." This changed quickly after the first five minutes of putting her in her own crib. He and I were both worrying, wondering if she was okay and since she was out of our view or earshot, we gave in. Claire, of course, was fine, but we weren't. Since then, she has been sleeping with us in our king-sized bed which has plenty of room for all of us. Chris and I have really enjoyed having her in our bed, waking up to her cooing, and feeling her next to us. Lately, Chris seems to be having second thoughts as Claire begins most nights next to me and ends them nuzzled up next to him. He is obviously on her left. I think deep inside, he too enjoys this. Before we know it she will be walking---my Dad, the dreamer, insists he'll have her walking at Christmas. We did buy her a walker which she can move an inch or two, so it seems promising??
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
I love the action shots!
Anonymous said…
Finally an update!! I know I can't say much since there are probably pics of Luke and Olivia that I have had forever and never distributed. Maybe someday I will catch up!! Claire looks like she will be fun at Christmas. Get her a gift already!! You two are scrooges! Remember Kara, you like gifts so will Claire and not just from her beloved aunties!
Lisa
Anonymous said…
I am glad to see Claire is making her milestones--I wouldn't want to have to provide therapy for her over Christmas break..I will be on vacation..However, if my services are needed they won't be cheap!

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...