Skip to main content

Another page...

 
Today was a rather busy day. I agreed to do summer speech for a few students which only involves 3 hours, one day every other week. Pretty easy and decent money. However, today I also had a doctor appointment thrown in the mix, so we didn't get home until later. Anyway, I almost didn't have it in me to get this page done, BUT I did it! I am so pleased that I have stuck to my promise thus far and yes, Lisa, I did go walking today in addition to a little ab workout AND Squats!! Don't choke in your amazement. All I can say is....Bye-bye 20 pounds!!

I didn't mention yesterday, but Harvest has another freakin' hotspot. It is quite the ongoing issue. We've been around and around with our vet (he charges a fortune and prescribes creams/ointments vs. pills that have been proven effective) and actually ended up taking him to the vet on base. However, she was busy and couldn't fit him in for 2 weeks. Way too long for a dog who is licking himself like he is made of honey. Anyway, I broke down and took him to our "usual" vet. Mistake. He ended up telling me that his hotspots are a form of self-mutilation. Well, I suppose technically it is, but he went on to say that it is the result of having too much energy and not having a release like exercise. I almost choked on my own saliva. We've always joked about this dog needing some puppy prozac because he has had his share of issues. Granted, his activity level and amount of attention have both suffered a bit since Claire arrived, but this dog gets is 11--how much activity can he handle? For the record, we DO walk him---REGULARLY! We have a fenced in backyard where he can run freely, freely, freely. Obviously, he is a bit high maintenance and truly needs a personal trainer who can force him to walk and release that energy. Ugh! On and on it goes. We did leave with pills--2 kinds actually, and we are walking good old Harvest. We are all happy again.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
hello harvest, this is hunter. I know exactly how you feel. ever since erin has started studying I am getting less and less attention. but, i know it will all be over soon. i have my parents so well trained that they may never bring one of those human baby things into this home; i am one lucky dog. boy do i feel bad for you, maybe you can get them to give her to a neighbor or something. :) growl at you later...hunter.
Anonymous said…
hmmmm....did you bring your dog to a pet psychologist or what..thats crazy..I think you need to get your vet's head checked.

love ya,Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...