Skip to main content

1 year checkup


Claire and Lynn

Claire's height being measured. She is just so cool.

Claire's weight being measured.
Claire had her 1 year well baby check a bit late. It was more like a 13 month well baby check, only because our travel plans this summer pushed it back a bit. All went well. The numbers simply stated the obvious--she is a peanut. Here are the stats:
weight 18# 7 oz. (10th %ile)
height 28" (10th %ile)
head circumference 47cm (50th %ile)
Her NP, Lynn, was not concerned. She said as long as height and weight are proportionate, Claire is fine. Claire eats everything, but just not alot. We are going to try and fatten her up a bit though. We generally feed her after she attempts to feed herself, but I guess we'll do a bit more of that vs. encouraging independence. Lynn suggested feeding her more protein, which we will also try. She was impressed with Claire's language abilities. She has quite a few words and even showed them off for Lynn and the nurses. Claire's newest skill is telling us what a cow and doggie say. Her "moo" is more like "mmmmmmm," which is so sweet. Lynn was pleased to hear Claire was off the bottle and felt developmentally, she is right on track. She got 2 shots and a finger prick for lead screening. Claire only cried for 1 minute or so. She is one tough cookie.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Finally a post...I hate waiting

Love ya,
Jessica
April said…
Claire looks so serious on the scale, she's thinking "give it too me straight, doc."

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???