Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!

It is finally Christmas Eve. Amen. I feel like I have been working for far too many days in preparation. I am thinking I should have resorted to my procrastination ways as I am pretty good under pressure. Regardless, I have alot to do. We are making the traditional Norwegian meatballs (edited for Lisa & a tradition begun by my Grandmother & continued by my Mom), gravy, mashed potatoes meal tonight, followed by church and of course, opening presents. Tomorrow we are entertaining 15 of our friends and their families for a Christmas dinner and game/craft night. It should be fun, but I am guessing a bit stressful. We are hoping this will be a great Christmas even though we are thousands of miles away from our families. We love you! Have a Merry Christmas!

I think I first saw this or read this two years ago when Chris was in Iraq. It is a great reminder.


Now for something fun and uplifting. This going round and round the bloggosphere. Gotta love Jack Black.
 

We still haven't sent our holiday cards. I've been too busy making other people's cards to worry about my own. I guess that is good, but kind of frustrating. Hopefully I'll put together a New Year's card next week. Again, Merry Christmas! May you all remember the reason for the season, cherish your loved ones, and forgive all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Swedish meatballs? I thought they were Norwegian! Merry Christmas! We will be missing you all this year! Can't wait until summer!
Love,
Lisa
Kara said…
I think to the rest of the world they are Swedish, but to us Norwegians, they are plain old deliciousness (although I've never made them on my own, so who knows). I miss you guys too. I was just thinking, as I was browning the meatballs about how last year I was searching for matching footed jammies for my clan to get a laugh from all of you as we came down the stairs. so funny. Apples to apples won't be the same, but we will have lots of meat, so maybe it will be close!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...