Skip to main content

And so it begins...


We've held off on enrolling Claire in classes and activities partly due to the fact that she is only 4 and I want her to be a kid and simply enjoy the simplicity of day to day activities, partly due to the fact that we now live in Korea where there isn't a ton of opportunities for a child of dually employed parents, and partly due to my own selfishness knowing that there is a long road filled with games, practices, recitals, concerts, etc. lying ahead. That being said, we are setting foot on that road so to speak. Claire had her first ballet class this week. While we were in ND, we found ballet leotards, slippers and tights for her big gig. She was super excited and we've talked at length so she'd know what to expect. I was a bit nervous that she wouldn't separate well. (She sometimes becomes extremely shy and overwhelmed by situations, preferring to sit on the sidelines to analyze before jumping into the activity.) Luckily my nerves were immediately resolved as Claire walked through the door to the dance studio, joined her teacher and her class on the floor and eagerly hung on every word Ms. Kim spoke. It was thirty minutes filled with pride. Claire demonstrated adequate coordination, attempting to follow Ms. Kim's technique to a "t." She listened well, waited patiently for her turn to show Ms. Kim, and remained quiet while others took their turns. Claire's first class was a huge success and she loved every minute. Since Tuesday, she's asked daily if she had ballet again. Next Tuesday, my sweet ballerina, next Tuesday.

Comments

Jessica said…
Clairey looks so darn cute! Hopefully she continues to like it! Miss you guys like crazy!

Love ya,
J
April said…
Way to go, Claire!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...