Skip to main content

Present

I talk fairly openly about our challenges with parenting, life, fertility, etc. I have nothing to hide and I feel I censor what I write so that it will never embarrass me or my family.

When Chris and I first started to talk about having children, I admit I entered the whole process with an "ask and you shall receive" mentality. You want a baby? Okay. It will be done. Just like that. Honestly, it worked just like that--twice! I'd listen to other women's stories about struggles with infertility, etc. and couldn't even relate or wrap my head around the emotional toll it takes. Until I faced this demon for myself.

The emotional piece is wearing. I get caught up in wanting a baby so badly that it consumes many thoughts each day. I hear Mya and Claire talking about their desires to have a "moving baby." We talk about names, we talk about gender. It becomes a popular, gut wrenching topic and not by force. Our day to day life involves seeing babies, playing with babies, having friends with babies. It is hard NOT to talk about babies. Consequently, the pressure builds and builds. I find myself less able, less capable of savoring moments, enjoying my fabulous life simply because I am wanting more. I am always wanting more.

It is a vicious, vicious cycle. Greed. Selfishness. I simply want the ability to look down the road and see how it all turns out. Do we have more biological children? Do we adopt? Do we find that satisfaction and fulfillment with our two beautiful girls? How does it play out?

It is the control that I desire. The control to write my own story. The control to determine the timeline. To make things happen. The control that I want so desperately, but the control that is not mine to own.I understand that. I know that.

It is with that understanding that I am working each and everyday to let go. Release the need for control and make every effort to be present. I have so much work to do, but I know that the control is not mine and our story will unfold as HE intended.

Ahhhhh. Breathe in, breathe out. A new day begins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???