Skip to main content

Big Bootie

Chris and I had been talking about getting bikes for awhile now. Thanks to my parents, Claire upgraded to a bigger bike, which means less pedaling to go farther distances. Mya rides her bike with training wheels like nobody's business, but she certainly can't keep up to an adult. I searched and searched and finally found a great trailer that someone was selling. It saved us about $50 and it was brand new! Two points for me!

We'd been eyeing the adult bikes at the BX for weeks, but never bit the bullet and made the purchase. Remember when you were a kid and could ride and ride and ride for hours? Remember when your little kid bootie fit perfectly on that seat? Remember when riding a bike didn't make your bum hurt like no other? Ummm, yeah. Those days are gone. We bought bikes. I picked out a black with blue one. Cute little seat and a coordinating helment. (Yes I miss the risk taking days of my childhood when helmets were only for "special" people.) Ugh. Anyway, Claire and I went for a ride and my big bootie has hurt ever since.

I've come to the conclusion that cute is not practical. I definitely need to upgrade to the big bootie seat even if it is for Grandmas. Aiy, aiy, aiy. I am getting old. I've been reminded of that so much lately. Craziness!

That being said, my big bootie needs a big seat so it can maybe get smaller. Interesting idea, huH?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Get the padded shorts! Ha
Anonymous said…
Love ya, j
Anonymous said…
Either way....the appearance of the big bootie will be great! I am with you...can't ride bike either. The seat is a killer!
L
Kara said…
Padded shorts? Then I have to worry about my chubby legs hanging out. Such a problem

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...