Skip to main content

Ballet 2013

Claire and Mya finished their first semester of ballet at an actual ballet studio. Their previous experiences were both on-base, which are nothing like the "real deal." Being enrolled in a more focused studio had its pluses and minuses. They completed the season with a Disney Showcase, performing all songs from various Disney movies. It was very cute. The girls performed "Arpeggio" from Aristocats. The kicker is that they not only attended their one day per week class, but the week of the performance they practiced Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Friday's practice was a dress rehearsal which lasted from 3:00 until 6:00 with the actual performance at 7:00. I thought it was far too much for preschool children. Claire was pretty patient and focused, but Mya was ready to run after about 2 hours of sitting. I don't blame her. It was too much. 




Watching the ballerinas perform while they wait their turn.

Claire, Peyton (Mya's friend from preschool) and Mya








Comments

jeanniy said…
oh how precious!! they are both adorable. thanks for sharing.

Also; you guys are natural hostesses, I am glad you are on the welcoming committee. I am certain your new arrivals will feel blessed to have you.

love you
Mom and Jeannie
Anonymous said…
Those girls are so adorable! Love the cute ballet outfits! I'm sure we will get to see some of their awesome moves very soon!

Love ya, j

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???