Skip to main content

London 2

Olivia and Claire in Hamley's. Claire is a miniature version of Olivia. They are quite similar.  I can only hope Claire turns out to be as lovely as Olivia is. She is a great kid.

More fun in Hamley's.

The largest toy store--7 floors worth. My girls were in LOVE.

We see Congratulatory signs and displays like this all over London.



Claire and I

Cheers with "It's A BOY" ale. Not the greatest beer as it is served slightly warm, but it is all about the experience.

We ate at this great little pub. The guys got a tour of the place, which included seeing where the Beatles used to hang out in the basement. How cool is that?

Comments

jeanniy said…
Looks like you all had a good time. I am glad your family was able to spend time with you Kara. Not being able to come home this summer seemed to distress you.

Thanks for the pictures,

love you guys

Mom-Jeannie
Kara said…
Ha. I am not sure it "distressed" me, but it was different than the norm. I guess I should pay more attention to how my words could be interpreted. We planned it this way--not to go home knowing that they were all coming here. Seven weeks of togetherness is much different than 2 fast paced weeks. That's for sure.
Yes, life is better when we are together. Family is everything.
Anonymous said…
We had a great time. Wish we could see you longer and more often that is for sure. That is the most difficult part about you all being overseas. Jackson is definitely missing the girls and their royal treatment. I'm missing you all too, of course. Hoping all is well with you guys. I'm off tomorrow so we will try facetiming you guys. You weren't distressed at all, its super hard only seeing eachother once a year when we are all close/ best friends.


Love ya, J

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???