Skip to main content

Christmas 2013--In pictures

We had a nice, quiet Christmas. We decided to be a bit unconventional and allowed our children to open one gift per day from the 21st to the 24th. That took care of their presents from us. It also allowed them to enjoy each gift a bit more and not become so overwhelmed on Christmas Eve. 

We made Chinese food on Christmas Eve, which was a bit sacreligious to me. However, being pregnant added to the fact that I had just made our traditional meatballs and gravy a week before, I was okay with this change. The girls sang their songs and gave their required performance by the tree, then opened presents. We followed up the night with the required Christmas Eve candlelight service. Definitely my favorite church service of the year!

Although it was a quiet Christmas, it was lovely in every way. We certainly missed our family, but appreciated all the gifts and thoughts that went along with them. We are truly thankful for all the blessings bestowed upon us in 2013. 















Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the pics. The girls are getting so big! Jackson loved the Christmas program. We still watch it all the time. Especially love the grand ending Claire came up with and mya's aggressive we wish you a merry Christmas. Hope we can see it in person some Christmas soon!

Love ya, J

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...