Skip to main content

The Beginning...

Three weeks post-partum and I am down 30 pounds. Phew. Thankfully those 30 came off quickly and pretty easily. I suppose it helped that my child has been latched on, literally drinking those pounds away, for what seems to be 24/7 for the past 3 weeks! Finally, I can say, breastfeeding has been my friend or at least this factor has been my friend.



Well, I have another 15 pregnancy pounds to go in addition to another 40ish that I'd like to lose to get me back down to my weight before children. And so it begins. My weightloss journey.

Here are a few things that I am doing…
1. Substituting one meal per day with Shakeology.
2. Cutting out refined sugar, dairy and limiting carbs.
3. Walking 30 minutes per day.  I am not starting training with Robyn, my personal trainer, quite yet. I want to get a better grip on my eating before working out.

Finally, when I feel like I've given it my best effort and am satisfied with my results, I am cashing in on my agreement with Chris that I will have some help. Between pregnancy and breast feeding, kids wreak havoc on bodies. Perhaps I'll have some magic along the way and won't feel these are necessary. Time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...