Skip to main content

Superstar

This girl. She is so much like me. Yet she is so much like Chris. This one is a perfect blend of us both. The best and the worst of each. Claire just wrapped another season of soccer. She has grown and changed so much from 3 years ago when we first entered the world of sports. She is aggressive, fast, and decisive. She knows strategy, she's methodical, not afraid, and loves to score, but is just as eager to pass to a teammate. The girl has some mad skills.










Her coach this season was awesome. She actually played at the AF Academy and is a trained coach, qualified to coach any level. Coach Deb actually pulled me aside and asked if Claire was playing club soccer. She noted she has natural talent and was surprised when I shared Claire's deep dark secret.

The girl has a love/hate relationship with soccer--and with pretty much anything she is good at but not perfect at. That is it. Claire is her own worst enemy. She would rather not try if something may require work. Violin, soccer, and now gymnastics. It is a battle Chris and I are trying to figure out how to win. We've tried numerous approaches with none begin more successful than another. Frustrating! The girl has so many things she is good at. She could be an awesome swimmer. She's picking up violin pretty easily considering the mediocre practice routine, and soccer is a joy to watch. She is pretty amazing.

Anyway, each game her coaches chose two players to be team Captains. The kids rotated through until the last game of the season, when the players were selected based on skill, attitude, attendance and motivation. Our girl was chosen. She has a heart of gold and is aggressive like the boys. It is such fun watching her.

Chris and I don't care if she ever chooses to play club, whether she chooses to play any sports competitively. Our only hope, wish and desire is that she doesn't defeat herself. We pray she realizes her potential and shoots for the stars. You can never accomplish something amazing if you are too scared to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???