Skip to main content

All I Want For Christmas....

The Christmas season would not be complete without "A Christmas Story." I was first introduced to this classic by my parents, but my more recent memories are from my Mom. She loves this movie. I watch it once per season and quite honestly, once is all I can handle. TBS does the 24 hour replay, which is enough to drive me crazy. I bring up this movie because I am having a "Red Rider BB Gun" kind of Christmas. I don't want the gun because as we all know, I'll shoot my eye out too (I am the queen of clutz), but I do want one thing....All I want for Christmas is a Canon Digital Rebel XTI. The problem is that Chris and I don't give each other gifts. We stopped doing so about six years ago, knowing that we buy basically everything we want/need. However, since buying a house, new vehicle, having our baby and trying to save for her college and our retirement, our gifts to ourselves aren't what they used to be. SOOOOO, I am relying on the "big guy" for this gift. I can picture myself in the movie, sitting on his lap, telling him that I want a CANON DIGITAL REBEL XTI (which coincidentally has the same number of syllables as the title of his BB gun). Santa then says some snide comment to me and his lovely elves push me down the slide. I guess I will keep on dreaming, hoping and praying----or maybe make a quick trip to the mall to visit our local Santa.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I guess our little chat this morning stirred up some pent up thoughts..keep dreaming...in case you don't recall we quit getting Santa about 6 years ago...too bad we couldn't convince Lauren to believe longer!!!

13 days till we meet again!
Love ya,
Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
Very very nice, use your blog to publish your Christmas wish (I should do that too). I hope Santa is good to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...