Skip to main content

Ear Infection schmere infection



Claire had her six month well baby check today. Chris and I had talked for the past several days about whether or not to have her receive her vaccinations when she is sick or bring her back when she is feeling better. I've done the research and read enough to know there is no data driven link between vaccinations and Autism, PDD or the Spectrum. That being said, I have also worked with a number of children with Autism whose parents beg to differ.Therefore, I prefer to err on the side of caution. Claire awoke this morning after a nice long sleep (6 hours, which is the best we've gotten in the past week or so), so I was all set to go ahead with the vaccinations despite my initial reservations. We went to her appointment and visited with the NP about this very issue. She shared her opinion and assured me I was doing the right thing--erring on the side of caution. During her examination, the NP discovered fluid in Claire's right ear---her first ear infection! You would never know by looking at her. She is happy and easy going as ever. And to think, I thought she was getting better. Instead the infection changed from viral to bacterial! She is on her first round of antibiotics. As far as Claire's stats, she is doing great.
Here they are:
height: 25 1/2 inches (+2 inches from 11/07) 50 %ile (+25%ile from 11/07)
weight: 14 lbs. 4 oz. (+2 pounds from 11/07) 25%ile (-20%ile from 11/07)
head circumference: 42 1/2 cm. = 50 %ile
I am most encouraged with her growth. Maybe we won't have the shortest little shaver in the class. Time will tell. Until then, we are thrilled she is healthy and very happy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well,
Sorry you are sick Claire...Get out of that state and move to Montana so I can help! P.S. For the record I discussed my concerns with your internet babysitter--Kara, you should move here to ensure the safety of your child!!

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???