Skip to main content

7 Months

 
 
 
 
Claire is seven months old. The time has really flown by. Her personality has really been coming out the past several weeks. She continues to be the light in our lives. We love her more and more everyday. Here is what has changed:
1. Claire has her first two teeth. She actually started to push them through last month, but now we can fully see them. I had to hold her down to take a picture. Not a happy moment.
2. She is now beginning to like baby food. She prefers cereal mixed with peaches. We tried apple juice, but it wasn't as good. Claire also enjoys squash and sweet potatoes.
3. She is drinking 8 oz. of milk per sitting.
4. Claire is babbling often. Now she is stringing dada together, in addition to baba and mama. Chris is thrilled. He tries to convince me that she is talking to him by name. Perhaps I'd believe him if I weren't a trained children's language specialist.
5. Claire loves to play with the dog that is in the picture. She got it for Christmas from her auntie, Jessica. It plays music and names body parts. Claire especially likes the music. She actually has begun to dance by bouncing up and down.
6. She is beginning to get ready to crawl. She scoots backwards across the living room floor, but makes no efforts to go forward other than getting up on her knees.
7. She loves baths. Claire especially enjoys splashing her hands and legs around in the water. She also likes the crab toy.
8. She is finally wearing a solid size 6 months clothing. Claire has finally outgrown her size 3 month pajamas, so we had to go shopping. It wasn't an easy task finding warm, fuzzy "pages", being it is the end of the season.
9. Claire is interested in everything. She loves to watch everyone, including Harvest. Her biggest joy in the day is watching him chase after his treat. She just stares in awe.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
She is saying "Just wait till I can move . . . then you all better watch out. I will eat Harvest's treats and drive mommy and daddy bonkers!" I can't believe how big she is getting, what a blessing and what a year!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???