Skip to main content

A new kind of babysitter

 
 
 
 
We have a babysitter coming tonight. What's my point, you ask? I have some cleaning to do. Alot of cleaning. To make matters worse, Chris has class all day and Claire is in a different type of routine. One where she doesn't nap. Generally this routine works well for us, but today is a challenge. How do I clean and entertain my daughter?? First, a short, fifteen minute nap, THEN.....it hit me. A seat by the window where she can do what she loves...watching traffic. The pictures tell the story. It was fabulous! I managed to clean the entire downstairs in record time and Claire was happy or at least until she started to turn around, then she got stuck, but still happy. This may be a babysitter I call upon again sometime real soon.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
First off, does your daughter had any other pajamas or does she have 15 pairs of polka-dot Pjs. Everytime you have her in pictures with them on, its always the same pair! Second, I love this post! Traffic might be bad for mother nature but it made a cheap babysitter . . . too bad it wouldn't be neglect to let traffic babysit her while you went to dinner!
Anonymous said…
Ok your a dork...where did this idea come from? Next you will tell her to go play in the street..My how parenting has changed..ha ha

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???