Skip to main content

Day 1


Chris left this morning. It was a rough night, trying to wrap up all the loose ends, Chris had to pack and then to top off the excitement, Claire vomitted in our bed. I spent the rest of the night lying awake worrying about her poor tummy. She's been her normal self all day, so I am not sure what was going on. Anyway, we are surviving day one without Chris. Yesterday, Chris and I went to a lunch thrown in his honor at his work. I really didn't want to go as I knew what it would be like. Even though his coworkers/friends have the best of intentions and are filled with kindness, it was awful. I felt like a widow at her husband's funeral--50 people telling me that if I needed anything, just call. Again, I appreciate their kindness, but it is hard to listen to it over and over again. My family won a battle this week as I decided to take up my Mom on her offer to buy Claire and I a plane ticket home for Thanksgiving. I had really planned to just spend the weekend together, quietly, despite the five other wonderful offers we'd received, but my Mom's persistence convinced me. Now that I have the ticket and made the plans, I am looking forward to the trip. It will be nice to get away and I am especially excited for Claire to see her cousins. They will be quite impressed at what she can do this time. When they last saw her Claire wasn't even walking. Now she's walking and talking nonstop. It should be a fun trip that will make Christmas even better as she'll be more familiar. Otherwise, our first day without Chris has been filled with organizing the garage and raking leaves. Fun, but different. We miss him deeply and think about him all the time. The first word out of Claire's mouth when we arrived home this morning was, "Daddy." Even she knows.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thinking of you today!! Give me a call if you get lonely.
Nicole
Anonymous said…
Im glad you are going home for Thanksgiving. I think it will be good for you. We have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Love Ya,
Kelly, Bekah & Grace
Anonymous said…
I can't wait for you to come for Thanksgiving!

Love,
Luke Olivia
Anonymous said…
YES---WE ARE EXCITED TO SEE YOU!!

Ready for some SHOPPING?

LOVE YA
Jessica
Anonymous said…
Hi Cara,

Just wanted you to know we're thinking about you guys. Hang in there.

Kirsten
Anonymous said…
Okay, I totally spelled your name wrong but I have an excuse! My sister-in-law is Cara. And I linked to yahoo email instead of my website.
Sorry!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???