Skip to main content

good-byes, good-byes. don't get me started.

claire was trying her best to ride this big kid bike all afternoon.
mya and lucy followed each other around. pretty sweet friends.

michelle and lucy hanging in the hammock.
mya was on her game trying to get up the steps when we looked away--at lightening speed. alison and mya hanging out. poor thing had foot surgery a week ago and still played hostess. what a amazing girl!
mya and henri were trying to fix the air conditioner or maybe they were sharing secrets. hmm.
i hate good-byes. i hate them so much that my way of coping is to avoid them. my good friends know this. thankfully, they understand and put up with my silly ways. no fuss was made. i avoided lunch with a few from work and i avoided another lunch date that will take place tomorrow. i can't avoid saying the dreaded good-byes to my two, nearest and dearest friends--alison and michelle. these girls are the best. really. this lifestyle involves great efforts to stay connected with those friends made along this journey. efforts for these two will be made. a fond farewell was given at alison's house yesterday. we enjoyed a delicious lunch and some cherished playtime with our kiddos. it was perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...