Skip to main content

my love for kohl's

a few of our treasures...

i am always on the hunt for decently priced, but very cute kid's clothes. very little makes me happier than strangers commenting on how cute our kids are. certainly superficial, yet real, is the fact that clothes  and appearance influence others' perspective of us. my kids wear a ton of hand me downs from their cousins, which we love, love, love, but i tend to cringe when even those get stained or extensively dirty from daycare play. when claire was a toddler, i found a few outfits from target for $7 or so. loved them. she could get them dirty, roll around outside, get paint on them, and i cared less. i haven't been able to find any great deals there lately. i can usually get away with a cute outfit for $12 or so, but that tends to vary. i love carter's, but again, hate to ruin those outfits. i guess i am too cheap? anyway, i came across the jumping beans line at kohl's a few seasons ago. love it! many of the shirts/pants/skirts are interchangeable, so there are many outfits within a few pieces. the clothes are simply adorable and absolutely perfect for rough toddler play or even day to day wear.to top of my love, i can buy matching outfits for our kids and most of you know my oddity for coordinating their wardrobes ;) i stocked up on their fall selection last week. so stinkin' cute. i can't wait to dress up our lovelies in their new clothes. i even found a few must haves for me. thrilled to say i finally found my new pair of black boots. my last ones bit the dust over a year ago, but i hadn't found any that i liked well enough. such a happy day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...