Skip to main content

Looking ahead...

2012 will bring some major changes in our lives. We'll be moving in 6 months--YIPPEE! and who knows what that will mean for me in terms of work, our lifestyle, etc. Chris is a HUGE goal setter, me not so much, but I'll try once again. 2012 is going to be a great year. I feel as though my last 4 years have focused entirely on my children, so this year is going to be different. It is going to be about me. That sounds a bit selfish, but I've finally got the message that I am a better Mom to our girls when I put myself first sometimes. Here it goes. Drumroll please....
1. Finish my Autism Specialist certification.
2. Build my invitation business.
3. Maintain a healthy lifestyle for 5 months!!
4. Eat out less than 1 time per week.
5. Reduce my online shopping to less than 1 purchase per month (this one will be hard especially if we stay overseas because I love getting packages :)
6. Get totally out of debt--no car payment, student loans, credit cards, etc.
7. Finish Claire and Mya's 1st year scrapbooks.
8. Take at least 2 major trips as a family.
9. Continue to finesse my photography skills.
10. Take time for me minus the guilt.


Comments

Jessica said…
11. Make time for my favorite sister, Jessica.
12. Help with my new nephew, especially during the night shift!
Kara said…
I'll help via phone calls. This living overseas thing will definitely be a perk :) Let's hope the little bugger is a party animal!
Anonymous said…
13. Move closer to your family.

L
Kara said…
Ooo. You are all so helpful. Just get rid of the wallpaper border and get O's room painted, Lisa. You have until June 20th. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???