Skip to main content

1st Illness




Claire has officially been bitten....by a virus. She caught a cold over the weekend, but has been pretty good. She began getting a runny nose when we were getting our Christmas pictures taken. The peak or so it seemed was Sunday evening. However, she seems to be improving one day and back to a thick runny nose the next. Our daycare provider thought she had done pretty well thus far as there had been at least one child sick for the past 2 months, but she had stayed well. I have enjoyed the extra cuddling, giving the extra love & attention she has needed, but must say that I feel pretty helpless when I see her glossy eyes. We also miss her bright smiling face, although she tends to throw one our way just when we need it most. She has also thrown the cold our way. I was convinced I would be invincible since I have been exposed to everything out there with my job in a school, but knew Chris was doomed. Instead, we are all sick. That being said, she is such a gift. We hope and pray she gets well soon.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice snot shot!!Gross!! I hope you feel better soon Claire bear!! The countdown is on...Christmas will be here in no time!!

Love ya,Jessica
Erin&Joshua said…
Your booger gets a 10! Merry Christmas!
Poor baby. The first cold is hard but by the end of this winter you'll be old pros!

Thanks for finding the NE Mamas site. I grew up not far from where you're living. Glad to find another blogger from the North Country. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...