Skip to main content

Basement Progress



This week has been crazy busy. We've been coming home each night and painting in the basement. The carpet was laid on Wednesday & Thursday. Sadly, our painting did not end until yesterday afternoon. We both love color with nearly every room in our home a different color, but I was a bit nervous about the red in our basement. I chose the shade very carefully and I must say that I love it. It looks great. We will be putting everything back in place today and the rest of this week as Chris leaves on Friday. Can't quite envision what the next 7 months will be like. I just pray to God that I will get well. It has been a week of illness at which point, I am not sure what I have. Chris swears it isn't pneumonia, but I'm not so sure. Guess time will tell. In the meantime, we're headed to church...

Comments

Anonymous said…
It looks good...boy its gonna suck to paint over though! GOOD JOB on the church thing---well gotta get ready for work!

Love ya,
Jessica
Anonymous said…
Kara you look great, I believe you are glowing.
I like the colors for the basement, you guys did a great job.
As time come closer for Chris to depart, I am feeling quite anxious. I am praying more intensely for both of you. I am hoping for the time to go by quickly for Chris to be back with us were he belongs. love you guys
Anonymous said…
That's a really good basement Kara ,Chris and Claire.I can't wait to see it sometime!

Love,
Luke!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???