Skip to main content

Hanscom Heroes Celebration

After the celebration, a reporter asked to interview me on our experience with his deployment, etc. I declined. She then asked Chris who agreed. He actually made the news with a comment and a couple of appearances. It is viewable online http://necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/06/26/Hanscom-heroes-honored-for/1246065887.html








Every 6 months Hanscom AFB throws a celebration for troops who have returned from deployment. Friday was Chris' celebration. The kiddos and I packed up in sunny skies, but when we arrived on base, they quickly turned to rain. Again. It was an outdoor celebration. After sitting in the rain for 15 minutes or so, the rain cleared and the sun returned--along with it came the blistering heat. I was sweating profusely by the time the parade and festivities began. It was a lovely celebration after which was a carnival. Claire had a blast. They had a moonwalk, this huge slide and a few toddler type carnival rides. She especially enjoyed driving the race cars. Chris and I were very surprised that our little daredevil, as brave as she may be, actually went up the huge slide by herself and went down. She is such a tiny little thing that she practically flew down the slide, tumbling toward the bottom. No tears, only smiles prevailed. Pretty impressive.

Comments

Erin said…
You could be a TV star Chris!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...