Skip to main content

potty training....mya?

Ok, so i was all set to potty train claire earlier this spring, but honestly, it or i kind of lost my sense of urgency. i sort of came to terms with the fact that she isn't even two years old and also the fact that she will do it when she is ready. so...i've laid off. well, chris has picked up the desire to get this kid trained. we decided to make a strong attempt today. we had everything-candy, shopping bribes, a party, etc. nothing seemed to work. in fact, claire got to the point where she didn't even want to sit on the potty. poor thing. anyway, after several attempts, i finally broke down and told claire that mya was going to use the potty. i stripped off her diaper and held her on the potty as we all sat and stared. i should include a brief side story before i continue--when claire was an infant, my sister lisa called to tell me about some granola type mommas in boston who were listening to their infants and potty training them. we laughed about it as she asked if i was going to take claire's lead and potty train her as a baby. anyway, back to the story...mya's hanging over the toilet and about at her breaking point. she starts to fuss a bit when all of a sudden, the little bugger pees in the potty! i was laughing, chris just stared and claire watched in shock. it was hilarious. we celebrated to inspire claire and chris took her to the bathroom to show her what happens with the potty when you finally do go. i thought the role model would help the process, but no go. nothing. notta. claire has no desire to satisfy us or pacify us, whichever. oh well. i probably would have better luck training mya at this point. maybe i will be a granola momma afterall.

Comments

Erin&Joshua said…
I so remember hearing/reading about that and I was actually a little grossed out because one mom actually carried a little shovel and would dig a little hole in the park to allow her infant to pee into (and they think we dog owners are unsanitary!).

I'm sure Claire will come around when she's ready :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...