Skip to main content

1 cm!!!

I had my 39th week appointment yesterday. I told Chris prior to going in that if I heard the words "your cervix is still closed," I would cry. I am not sure if the doctor sensed this feeling or if she was being honest, but she said I was dilated to 1 cm!! Wow!! Not enough progress to please me, but I guess it is a start. She stripped my membranes, but still no contractions. My cousin, who is a doula, informed my Mom earlier today that I could stay at 1 cm for 3 weeks or so. What a treat that would be!! She suggested that I try accupuncture or pumping (sorry for the descriptiveness). Although it would be special for our child to share my Grandpa's birthday (Happy 93rd birthday, Grandpa!!), I must say it would be more convenient for Chris and I if she waited until after Friday to be born. I heard on the news the other day that many ladies are asking to be induced on Saturday, 7-7-07. Supposedly, it is a lucky day! Maybe she'll be born then too. We can all use a little extra luck. In the meantime, Chris and I will begin tiling our shower. Hopefully she won't be joining us until that job is over. Otherwise it could mean an additional many weeks without a 2nd bathroom!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on the progress. Claire is going to take her time--being stubborn runs in the family!! I can't wait to see you guys only 15 days! P.S. Just thought I would let you know Grandpa turned 92 genius!!

Love ya, Jessica