Skip to main content

Blimp?!!

We had an ultrasound yesterday, which turned out to more than just an ultrasound...The baby is doing great. She is developing well, somewhat cooperated (they had to do an internal ultrasound to examine her face), and was confirmed to be a girl. Chris claims he did not see what exactly they were pointing to when confirming the gender, but he has come to terms with the thought of a daughter. After the ultrasound, we were rescheduling some appointments because of my adjusted due date (July 9) when they determined I was in need of a doctor visit that day! Low and behold a doctor was available. In that appointment I discovered I had gained......13 POUNDS since January 4, 2007. That is a record! I think I may be giving birth to a 40 pound baby as I am still wearing some of my normal clothes. The weight must be going somewhere. I have told more and more people at work this week, much to their surprise. They claim they couldn't tell at all. Perhaps they are just too kind to say I am getting fatter. Not sure. Anyway, Chris said yesterday that he could really tell I am pregnant. I definitely have a belly. Back to the weight gain. I was averaging 3 pounds per month, but this was my first visit in the 2nd trimester. I have gained 19 pounds thus far and am scared to think what the upcoming months may look like. I did have blood drawn yesterday to screen for Down's syndrome and other neural defects. I was opposed to this initially, knowing that Chris and I would welcome this baby regardless of it's condition, but they convinced me otherwise on the basis of further monitoring that would be done and the possibility of delivering in a more appropriate hospital in Boston. All in all I think it was the right decision. Now we wait for the results. One other point of great news--the placenta previa is gone. I guess my week of laying in bed, doing nothing has paid off--at least on one side. I got rid of the previa, but gained 13 pounds. What a tradeoff! I am just happy it is gone and I can go forth once again with a "normal" pregnancy. Yay!

Comments

christopher said…
Just in case anyone gets any ideas, my comment about Kara looking pregnant just meant that she has a pregnant look to her belly (which is much different that just a person with a fat belly). I feel that if I do not elaborate on Kara's descriptions I will have to deal with crap from her whole family.....Just Kidding!!!!
Lauren said…
Thanks for the elaboration, Chris! Haha. I wish I could see Kara's BELLY! But I will soon, can't wait to see you guys at my graduation!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...