Skip to main content

From 2 to 3

Everyone told me going from 2 to 3 kiddos was going to be easy, that from 1 to 2 was the challenge. Ha. These past 5 months have been hard! I could blame it on reflux, sisters constantly bugging him, our noise filled house, the chaos of our schedule, but I truly think it has to do with me being 35 or 36, whatever I am, and the fact that it has been 5 long years since I've had a baby ANNNDD the fact that I am pretty much set in my ways. Whatever the reason, I've struggled.
1. I've struggled to take care of me. I plan to start my diet, do well one day, then something comes up--exhaustion, fussy baby or a change in plans and well, that diet goes down the drain.
2. I started working out, following Jamie Eason's lifting program. I loved it. It was organized like the sessions with my personal trainer, didn't take a whole lot of time to do and I enjoyed the ease of working out at home. I did that one week. Then, excuse number 9999 came back--exhaustion.
3. We continue to search for a different home. One that fits all our needs. The house we live in is a great house in a fabulous location for our kids and family, but it is about 50 sq. meters too small. Consequently, I always feel disorganized and cramped. I am slowly working through our things--purging what I can, organizing what I must. I recently put together boxes for each child where I put their report cards, art work, baby books, etc. I think it will work.
4. I've finally come to the realization that I need to eliminate what I can. Thankfully Chris has stepped up and is cooking dinner most evenings. I still help plan or get the groceries, but he executes. He also began researching some of our travel plans. THANK YOU! Travel planning is a part time job. Seriously. It is work! I used to do it all or with the help of my BFF Erika. Anyway, we have a rough idea of where we'd like to go for the next few months, so Chris has taken one of the trips under his wing and gotten the planning ball rolling. Also along these lines, I've decided to keep my etsy shop closed for the time being. I love designing invitations and was having a steady stream of orders, but it too takes time and involves having one more ball in the air to juggle. I just can't do it right now.
5. Daily routines--I've extended Gavin's time at daycare so that I can walk with friends after school. I will begin that this week. I've also gathered all of the kids' clothes for the entire week, placed them in a laundry basket so they can simply choose an outfit each day vs. fighting with them each night only to discover the outfit they selected to wear doesn't match or meet my approval. I've also bought a breast pump to keep at work to eliminate another thing that I need to remember each day.
6. Our blog. I debated closing up the blog as well, but quickly realized that even though it is severely neglected at this point, it is an important piece of our family's story. It is what we look back at to see the milestones, experiences and share the stories. It is us. Sooo, while Gavin slept yesterday and the other girls played, I uploaded pictures, wrote out a few lines and updated. I still have many entries to do, but it does feel as though an albatross has been lifted.
Even though life is stressful right now, I do recognize that this too shall pass. It won't be too far when I will long for these days when our kiddos are dependent on us, need us and want us. And that is why I am doing my best to simplify and eliminate the things that I can so I can enjoy and focus on what is truly important.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm is this my early warning? ! Every change is an adjustment. You will find your rhythm in no time. Hang in there! How's the plantar fasciitis doing? Hopefully it is gone! Love ya, J

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought