Skip to main content

One Amazing Year

Dearest G,
Life is funny. After we had Claire, we wondered if we were capable of loving anyone else quite as much. Along came Mya and blew all hesitations away,  yet we wondered once again. Finally, came you. Our love for you has surpassed any measure. You are a perfect addition to our family. God certainly knew what he was doing when he blessed our family with your presence. You are the ying to your sisters' yang. You are the balance we needed. You, my sweet boy, are one year old today. It is with such joy and happiness that we've celebrated all this first year has encompassed and look forward to each amazing adventure ahead.
Here are the facts:
You wear size 4 diapers.
12 mo. clothing
Eat anything and everything.
I kid that you are delayed as you think a wave means anything/everything. Perhaps you got it right as that wave is guaranteed to bring smiles to everyone's face.
You say "mama," "dadda," "yumm." I swear you've said "mya" and "claire" too, but only once or twice.
The other day we were getting ready to leave. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I told you to get your coat so we could go bye-bye. Moments later it was silent in the foyer. I peaked out, only to see you walking over towards the bathroom with your coat in hand. Such a smart kiddo!
You walk like a pro!
You roll the ball and retrieve it too.
You LOVE rides in the stroller and being outside. You cry when it is time to come in.
You love music. We often turn on Vevo just so we can see you dance--shaking your bootie up and down. So darn cute!
You sleep well-6:30 pm to 6:00 am. We snuggle, give you milk, then lay you down. Super easy.
Claire and Mya are your favorites. You search for them when they are not there. You want their attention and they LOVE to dote on you! We have a rotation so each can have equal opportunity to snuggle with you in the morning and bring you downstairs after a nap. They are in love!
You are really a pretty easy kid. You love to be around people, but you are content playing independently. You still love to have something hanging out of your mouth. Claire likes to share that you are part dog-eating off the floor and carrying things around in your mouth. A very cute dog.
You continue to lay down on the floor from time to time. Just taking a break for a minute. Totally adorable.
You have 6 teeth--4 on top, 2 on the bottom.
Your eyes are still blue, hair is blonde.

It has been such a great year, G. You are most certainly a bright spot in our family, a true gift from God. We love watching your personality grow and change. The girls tell anyone who will lend an ear, all about you. You are definitely their pride and joy. We all feel so blessed to be your family. We love you, Gavin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou