Skip to main content

Life lately...

It has been a while since I've written. We've been busy living each day. No excuses. Simply  speaking the truth. Although we've reduced the number of after school activities, the increased amount of sunshine means more time outside, and less time taking care of business. Chris and I area still going strong with crossfit. We or I  grumpily completed a half murph, which is an 800 m. run, 50 pull ups (ring rows for me), 100 push ups, 150 body squats and another 800 m run. Horrible, painful, miserable, but completed.
The girls are wrapping up their final 8 weeks of second grade and kindergarten. They are looking forward to all things summer and talk at length about all the wonderful things they wish to experience when we travel to the States this summer-camping, water skiing, the lake, etc. I am so happy that they appreciate all the fun they've come to know as summer too.
Gavin is growing and changing faster than we can imagine. He is nodding his head and shaking his head. He LOVES all things nature--playing outside, going for rides in the stroller, water. He takes it all in and hates to retreat to the indoors. Two top molars have pushed through, so his stuffy nose and conjestion have cleared. He is growing like a weed and is quite a happy boy. He has begun to insist on feeding himself. Independent and not even two!
We returned from our second cruise a little over a week ago! We traveled with my mom and her friend, Percy. It was lovely--Rome, Sicily, Sardenia, Mallorca, Valencia, and Marseille. We had blue skies and sunshine for all but Rome. We all had a blast.
Chris and I have finally found a home to purchase. It has been a long search. We were just beginning to think we may need to adjust our "musts," when this one became available. It is only 3 streets over from the home we are currently renting. We are beyond excited, but not looking forward to the packing and moving process.  We will likely move in the end of July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought

Is this a hint?!!

A few years ago one of Chris' friends was telling us that he got his girlfriend a wiifit for Christmas. I couldn't help but laugh and told him that I'd be so insulted. Supposedly she wanted it, so for her it was the perfect gift. He got her other things as well that were much more meaningful--cooking school and a massage or something. Anyway, fast forward to this Christmas. I had a list of items that I wanted, but ended up buying most of them for myself prior to Christmas. I am definitely not one to wait until Christmas or birthdays to buy things--for me or anyone else. Needless to say, Chris was kind of left hanging. I wanted a $1300 lense for my camera, but as you can imagine, that wasn't an option. Hmmm. This is what I received. Very generous, but do you think my wonderful husband is subtle? Ha.   Out of fear of making Chris seem like a total jerk, I should add some necessary details--only because I am nice. I had been talking about losing weight, working