Skip to main content

Life lately...

It has been a while since I've written. We've been busy living each day. No excuses. Simply  speaking the truth. Although we've reduced the number of after school activities, the increased amount of sunshine means more time outside, and less time taking care of business. Chris and I area still going strong with crossfit. We or I  grumpily completed a half murph, which is an 800 m. run, 50 pull ups (ring rows for me), 100 push ups, 150 body squats and another 800 m run. Horrible, painful, miserable, but completed.
The girls are wrapping up their final 8 weeks of second grade and kindergarten. They are looking forward to all things summer and talk at length about all the wonderful things they wish to experience when we travel to the States this summer-camping, water skiing, the lake, etc. I am so happy that they appreciate all the fun they've come to know as summer too.
Gavin is growing and changing faster than we can imagine. He is nodding his head and shaking his head. He LOVES all things nature--playing outside, going for rides in the stroller, water. He takes it all in and hates to retreat to the indoors. Two top molars have pushed through, so his stuffy nose and conjestion have cleared. He is growing like a weed and is quite a happy boy. He has begun to insist on feeding himself. Independent and not even two!
We returned from our second cruise a little over a week ago! We traveled with my mom and her friend, Percy. It was lovely--Rome, Sicily, Sardenia, Mallorca, Valencia, and Marseille. We had blue skies and sunshine for all but Rome. We all had a blast.
Chris and I have finally found a home to purchase. It has been a long search. We were just beginning to think we may need to adjust our "musts," when this one became available. It is only 3 streets over from the home we are currently renting. We are beyond excited, but not looking forward to the packing and moving process.  We will likely move in the end of July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...