Skip to main content

You are THREE!

Dearest Gavin,
You are such a bright spot in our lives. You light up a room with your smile, your attempt at jokes (Mom, Guess what? Me: What? You: CHICKEN!!--followed with lots of laughter), your car noises and overall excitement for life. We love you so much Gavin. God knew exactly what he was doing when he let us become your family. You are a snuggly, loving boy. You often tell us  "I wuv you." It melts our hearts every time. You love baseball, cars, teenage mutant ninja turtles, jumping on the trampoline, riding bike, Paw Patrol, Spiderman and Captain America. We bought you Spiderman shoes and Captain America crocs. YOU LOVE THEM!! :) You love Luna and your sisters. Boy, do you love your sisters. You have them wrapped around your fingers. They will stop what they are doing and do whatever you need at nearly any moment.
Before bed, you lay in our bed with Daddy and I. It is such a dear time for us. We let you choose a show to watch and tickle, snuggle and soak it all in.

You count pretty consistently to 20, recognize letters, but don't identify them yet--at least not consistently, you can count 1:1 correspondence, recognize a couple of shapes (heart, triangle, square and circle). You know colors (red, brown, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple) and enjoy being read to. You are happy playing with kids, but just as content playing by yourself. You often go up to your room all by yourself and play with your toys.

You LOVE chocolate covered granola bars, yogurt, fruit of any kind, oatmeal, french fries and macaroni and cheese. You are really a pretty good eater. Gavin, you will eat vegetables and most anything else, but do not enjoy meat as much.

You are frequently sick with a cold. In fact, your tonsil is so big, it touches your uvula. I am trying to get a referral to ENT so we can have them removed.

You have a few nicknames--Buddy, Gavi, G-Dawg, G. You don't seem to mind what anyone calls you. Gavin, you generally are a pretty happy kid, but you definitely have a dramatic streak as well.

Gavin, you are growing like you should. You wear 2T clothing, but some 3T shirts, size 9 shoes and size 5 diapers. Yes, diapers. You are being a big stinker about toilet training. You do well some days and are eager to try and others are tear filled. I am trying to hold off a tad and let you lead the process as I know boys can be more difficult than girls to train. I hope this all falls into place soon.

You are such a fun boy. You love getting dirty, but will run to help me bake or cook the minute you see me in the kitchen. You love art projects, sports, and helping your daddy too. You are a pretty special boy.

We love all that you are and all you are becoming. You have more sweetness and love than can be measured. You complete our family in so many ways. We love you, G. We wish you the happiest of birthdays and a very special year ahead.

Love,
Your Momma









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou