Skip to main content
When you think about having children, you never ever imagine that you are capable of loving someone as much as you love your husband. Then you have them. The love you feel for them is different than that which bonds a husband and wife. A deeper, stronger, different kind of love. These girls are my life. They are my everything. They are the perfect blend of Chris and I. Sure, I exist apart from being a mother, but their happiness, breath, love, laughter, and being, consumes the majority of my day. They simply mean the world to me. I can't imagine my life with greater joy than that which is brought by my children. Being a Mom has changed my life in the most unimaginable, amazing way. I am such a better person because of Claire and Mya. They push me to be the best 'me' I can be. They make me laugh, make me cry, make me smile, make me imagine, make me believe, make me doubt, make me remember and make me happy. How two beautiful beings are capable of such intense feeling is amazing. Obviously we are so blessed and so very thankful to call these two our own. God is so good.












Comments

Erin said…
I love all the pictures you posted!!!! I wish your photographer lived here in Maine :)
Anonymous said…
Kara,
Love the pics..where are the rest? I want to see them all! Why don't you ever call! I will be home all day tomorrow except at night so call me! I work this weekend so tomorrows your day!
lOve ya,
J
Lisa said…
Too cute! Mya has shoes on too! What an accomplishment. The pics turned out great. Now I think I should have had professional photos of kids...oh well.
Kelly said…
Just beautiful, the pictures & words!
K. Davis said…
you ladies are truly the sweetest bunch! :)
Anonymous said…
Waiting for an update! Something has to be happening there..I know those girls..never a dull moment!

love ya,J

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...