Skip to main content

Bird Nests

Nothing says "Spring" like the birth of babies, so we made some bird nests out of shredded wheat biscuits. This particular recipe wasn't the greatest (I've since found a better one that we'll try next year), but the girls enjoyed. Claire's classroom has a little nest perched on a stick in their classroom. Claire came home one day and told me that a teacher found a baby bird's egg to put in the nest. She was 100% convinced that is was going to hatch soon. Each day we go into class and she has  to check on the egg to make sure all is still well. Low and behold, after careful observation, Claire noticed the egg now has a line on it. She is certain this means that egg is going to hatch open VERY soon. One of her friends has tried to stomp on her innocence by telling her the egg is fake. Thankfully, Claire is holding her own and sticking to her story. These are the stories I truly cherish. I am so thankful that she truly is an innocent soul even though there are times she seems to be growing much too quickly.













Comments

Jessica said…
Wow, Mya really looks older in those pictures! Never thought of making a birds nest..Do you eat them?? Awful thought!

Love ya, J
Kara said…
I know. She's getting big. Yes you eat them. THey are pretty much like rice krispie bars except no rice krispies. You'll have to take note and make them with Jackson!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...