Skip to main content

Hitscherhoff Pumpkin Festival


Germany has thousands of festivals each year. Several are the same with rides for the kids and food, but this one is different. It is complete with corn mazes, straw fun, pumpkin foods galore and craft vendors. It is free aside from the 2 Euro to park plus food, etc. The kids had a blast. It was fun. We saw several friends, enjoyed pumpkin soup, which is a highlight of this festival. To top it off, the weather was perfect--sunny skies and NO rain. (It has been raining for nearly 2 weeks, so sunshine is much welcomed.)



On top of the world--or at least the bales of straw.

Miss All about the FUN.

A view of the dining area. There were a ton of craft/food vendors on the other side selling everything from hats to cheese.

Fun in the muddy corn maze.

These are the huge vats they cooked the soup in.

Giving the pumpkin soup a try. It doesn't look so great, but it is delicious!

Mya hanging out, enjoying her drink.

We walked away with a delicious pumpkin bratwurst and 5 kg of yummy apples. Mya and Claire enjoyed a pretzel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???