Skip to main content

Paris-the short and sweet version

We flew to Paris directly from London on EasyJet. I arranged private vans to bring us to our apartment we rented just blocks away from the Arc de Triumphe. It was my first experience with using homeaway.com to rent an apartment vs the typical hotel. It was a great find for a group so large, location and helped keep the cost down. Typically, European hotels will only sleep 3-4 in a room and finding 5+ rooms in a single hotel is difficult not to mention considering the location. The apartment was perfect. I neglected to take photos though.
We hopped on the hop on hop off bus tour with a 2 day pass. This allowed us to use this mode of transportation to navigate the city each day. We spent the first day completing the loop and checking things out from atop the bus, while the second day was a mix of sight seeing and riding. We went in the Louvre, saw the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumphe, walked and rode down the Champs de Elysees, enjoyed Macaroons from the famous patisserie, Laduree, put locks on the Love Lock Bridge, went inside the Notre Dame Cathedral, and walked, walked, walked. The food was less than wonderful, but it was fun to experience Paris. 
At the Louvre

J, Nate and Jackson at the Louvre


Claire with the Mona Lisa in the background

Gorgeous Stained glass at Notre Dame Cathedral

Notre Dame

Claire enjoying her chocolate crepe.

Ava and Luke working on their chocolate crepes.

Lauren adding her lock to Love Lock Bridge.



Making a wish.

Jackson tossing their key and making a wish.

Mya making another wish.

Lisa, Phil, Luke, Olivia and Ava with their lock.

Our lock.


Us in front of the Arc de Triumphe.







Chris and I celebrated our 9 year Anniversary in Paris--the city of LOVE.

Comments

Soupy said…
What an amazing adventure and trip for your family!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???