Skip to main content

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well.
This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, but the snowfall lasted a matter of minutes and melted upon hitting the ground. Lovely!

Now I am making my to-do list. I've packed a hospital bag for the babe, gathered some items for me and made a list for what needs to be done "in case." I  have a work list and a list for home.  I am full term tomorrow, which means only 2 more weeks at best. Preparation is necessary. We cannot wait. We talk about "how many days" each day. Mya reminds us what her duties will consist of and Claire shares the excitement of the wait being over.

In case the babe decides to come early, we do have a plan in place. If the babe decides to come on his own, I am still going to have a repeat c-section. I've weighed my options and basically, the doctor indicated that the babe is going to be big. I already am at increased risk for an uterine rupture. I  had difficulties with Claire due to her size and it is highly likely that labor will end with a failure to progress again. Therefore, I am going to opt not to arrive at that situation and simply embrace the c-section from the get go. Hopefully, the doctor can tighten things up a bit and leave me looking better than I did after 2 :) I am opting to not have my Mom's help even though she has graciously offered/insisted numerous times. Instead, our girls will go over to our neighbors house who will take Claire to school. My friend, Erika, will pick up Mya and bring her to school. Hopefully, Chris will be able to pick them both up from school and will play the role of single parent while I am in the hospital. Chris will have 10 days of paternity leave. He could take more leave and will if necessary, but we are holding out hope that his retirement will be approved and he'll use his leave to travel to the States with us this summer. (We just received notification today that the approval process has been delayed until the Air Force grasps a better handle on their future needs.)

I am still waiting on some decor items for the babe's room. I'll post pictures when it is all finally together. I love how it looks thus far. Super cute and exactly what I envisioned.

Anyway, simply a few loose ends to wrap up before this little guy arrives. Two weeks is so close. It is hard to believe we are finally here. We cannot wait to meet him!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So happy! Can't wait to hear the news! Make sure you tell Chris to keep me posted day or night. I'm up often! Jackson said that baby ##### is going to be "sooo cute!" Let me know if you need me to look for anything else that you guys need.

Love ya, J
Kara said…
Pedro. Why can't he embrace Pedro??
Anonymous said…
Pedro is disgusting! We can't go there with you weirdos! I'd be happy to announce the chosen name if you'd rather! Ha!
Love ya! J
Kara said…
Nope. Keep your mouth closed. THis is the first secret or semi-secret I've kept in relation to our children in such a long time. By the way, Claire commented the other night that she may need to borrow my camera as she isn't sure she can earn enough money to buy the camera she wants by the time Pedro arrives. What a darling! She wants to fill this little photo album she found with pics of her little bro ;) Make my heart melt.
Anonymous said…
That is absolutely adorable! What a heart of gold! Now if only her mom would find the platypus that she was given as a baby. Hmm...Can't believe he could come anytime now!

Love ya, J
Kara said…
I know, I know. I am going to the stinkin thrift store today to see if it is there. Hopefully no one bought it if it did in fact make it into the donate box. Ugh…Always something!
Anonymous said…
After all your trauma with the loss of your Care Bears, you lost the platypus? That is bad! What kind of mom does that?
Love you!
Lisa
Kara said…
I KNOW! This is sure to haunt me for years. Don't tell Mom! :)
Kara said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Did you find it?
J

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought