Skip to main content

10 months

I really should have combined your 9 and 10 month updates as I was so late writing the 9 month. So, I am going to do something a bit different. In honor of 10 amazing months with you, I am going to do a top 10 list.
Top 10 Things I LOVE about Gavin.
10. i love the way that you are a perfect mix of all of us. you are easy going, mellow, short tempered,       happy, goofy, fussy, funny, and loving little boy. truly, a perfect fit. that missing piece of our              puzzle.
9.  i love the way you give us a full, uninterrupted night of sleep. just when we need it the most.
8. the way you look at us when we feed you your bottle. i love that time with you, although daddy has     been doing more of those feedings lately.
7. the way you eat anything. you seriously love food and will eat anything we put in front of you.
    thank you!
6. how you love baths. we've moved to baths in our huge bathtub. you move from one side of the tub       to the other, chasing the floating toys as you go. it is hilarious. cracks me up every time!
5. the way you laugh at every goofy thing your sisters do to entertain you. it's as if you know they
    need a laugh as reinforcement.
4. the way your face lights up when you see your sisters, daddy and i after a long day.
3. the way you place your tongue between your lips with that look of determination in your eyes.
2. the way you randomly lay down, resting your head on the carpet, a blanket, whatever. so. stinkin.
    adorable.
1. the way you say "mamama." it melts my heart every. single. time.

You are an incredible boy, G. Soon you will be walking, talking and fighting to keep up with Claire and Mya. Daddy and I have to pinch ourselves that you are really ours. A dream come true. Our amazing little boy, we prayed so long to call our own. We love you more each and every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...