Skip to main content

10 months

I really should have combined your 9 and 10 month updates as I was so late writing the 9 month. So, I am going to do something a bit different. In honor of 10 amazing months with you, I am going to do a top 10 list.
Top 10 Things I LOVE about Gavin.
10. i love the way that you are a perfect mix of all of us. you are easy going, mellow, short tempered,       happy, goofy, fussy, funny, and loving little boy. truly, a perfect fit. that missing piece of our              puzzle.
9.  i love the way you give us a full, uninterrupted night of sleep. just when we need it the most.
8. the way you look at us when we feed you your bottle. i love that time with you, although daddy has     been doing more of those feedings lately.
7. the way you eat anything. you seriously love food and will eat anything we put in front of you.
    thank you!
6. how you love baths. we've moved to baths in our huge bathtub. you move from one side of the tub       to the other, chasing the floating toys as you go. it is hilarious. cracks me up every time!
5. the way you laugh at every goofy thing your sisters do to entertain you. it's as if you know they
    need a laugh as reinforcement.
4. the way your face lights up when you see your sisters, daddy and i after a long day.
3. the way you place your tongue between your lips with that look of determination in your eyes.
2. the way you randomly lay down, resting your head on the carpet, a blanket, whatever. so. stinkin.
    adorable.
1. the way you say "mamama." it melts my heart every. single. time.

You are an incredible boy, G. Soon you will be walking, talking and fighting to keep up with Claire and Mya. Daddy and I have to pinch ourselves that you are really ours. A dream come true. Our amazing little boy, we prayed so long to call our own. We love you more each and every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought