Skip to main content

Aversions...

Officially 8 weeks along. Pregnancy was confirmed 2 weeks ago with a projected due date of July 1, 2007. Overall, everything is going well. I have been feeling a bit nauseous in the morning, which is easily alleviated with a piece of toast (either cheese whiz covered or peanut butter and jelly). My other issue is food aversions. It seems that no matter what is in our fridge, nothing is appealing. We made turkey, stuffing, and gravy two weeks ago as a trial-run for Thanksgiving. Now the thought of turkey is enough to make me sick. The same goes for chicken (even my favorite Cajun chicken tortellini), and pretty much anything I have eaten once in the past month. The exception to this is Mexican. Namely—Xtapa, much to Chris’ demise. I could eat there everyday. I love the chips and salsa and the food is tasty too. Chris, however, is rather concerned that I am only 8 weeks along and only restaurant food can satisfy me. I guess he is fearful that our budget may no longer exist. I have given up Diet Coke, well as much as an addict can give up their vice. I limit myself to only 1 per day and in fact, I don’t really crave Diet Coke anymore. What I do find myself wanting is…..WATER!! I never have loved water. Ok, once in a while, when I have been working out, water is great, but not as a constant companion. Odd things are happening. A final big change that I’d like to include today---my boobs!! They are growing by leaps and bounds. I thought they were big before at 36 C, but I am afraid we are rounding up to F’s?!! Is the cup size after DD, F? I am not sure, but I am fearful that that may be where I am headed. My pants and clothes are fitting a bit tighter, but still okay. I was a solid 10 before this whole process began, but 10’s are no longer in the running. Now I am a solid 12, which could pose trouble, since I have only one pair 14 pants. That may mean some shopping is in order. However, I am not excited about this prospect. Instead, it means my biggest fear (a 60 lb. Pregnancy gain) is closer to reality. I’ll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...