Skip to main content

Could it be a premonition?


My sister, Jessica, is finally getting internet hooked up her in new digs, so I thought I had better provide an update. Also thrilled to include some faithful viewers, Lauren, Lisa and my Mom (whom I doubted would ever check this out!!). Here's the update....I had a dream last night where I was calling our baby "she." I am not sure if this is a sign, but it was the first dream I have had where the sex was determined. I should also include that the dream involved me running to feed "her" every 45 minutes. Yippee! The only upside to this is that I am actually waking up frequently during the night. I suppose it is in preparation of this exciting (??? not so sure) change. As most people know, I love my sleep. I no longer am able to sleep in (until 9 or later as in my high school/college years), but I go to sleep early (8 pm---not earlier, despite what Chris or anyone else wishes to say!!). I should also note, in my defense, that I wake up rather early--5:30 am. All in all, I feel it makes me pretty normal, again, despite what others will say! The other side to this dream thing is that Chris had a similar one last night, but his was with a male baby. Interesting...guess we'll see who's right on Tuesday!
After much teasing and opposition related to an occupational name, we have changed our boy name to Mason Christopher (even though Mason is also an occupation). The girl name is Claire--no middle name yet. I would like her to have my middle name, Leigh, but that does not quite flow. We have to keep thinking about that.
I have begun to search for nursery decor and found one that I really like at Pottery Barn for Kids. My Mom, a wonderful quilter, is going to replicate this for me, which I am very excited about. It is important that my children understand the value of talents and treasure gifts...what better lesson than a quilt from Grandma. Anyway, I am thinking of painting the walls a sagey green (not sure if it will be sage, per say, but a lighter shade), throw down a rug, hang some pictures/letters on the wall and call it a nursery. It will be cute and hopefully one that will transition through toddler-hood. However, the nursery is third in our line of projects, so we have some time. We first have to finish sanding and painting all of our trimwork, and demo the attic. Hopefully I will figure out how to upload pictures this weekend, so you can see our fun.

Comments

Lauren said…
Hey!
I really enjoyed the blog today! It was quite humorous especially the relation to occupations! You really should give credit to your family for all of the humorous additions we provide you with for your blogs! We are like your muse. Haha!
Lauren said…
P.S.
I think it is a girl!
Jessica said…
Hello,
Well I think you might have some closet blog readers. I don't know exactly what got into Lauren, she can't see to write a single email...Anyway, nice blog...can't wait to hear what sex this child is! By the way Claire Lynne has a nice ring!!!We can only hope she will be and beautiful and intelligent as me...ha ha!!! or if it's a boy Jesse?

There you go I commented just for you!!! Talk to you tommorow!
Love ya, Jessica
Lisa said…
Kara
Olivia looked at your blog this morning so finally you can stop bugging me to show it to her. She wondered where our pictures are...now it is only J and some people we don't even know!! Olivia thought Claire Olivia would be nice or Mason Dixon, that is my own joke. Mason is a nice name, honestly. Have a good day!

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought