Skip to main content

Baby??

October 15, 2006
We have officially been trying to conceive for one week and two days. Chris and I have arrived at the point in our lives as a couple where we feel ready to devote our love and attention to another. We have purchased a new home, developed our careers, embraced some stability in what the future holds, and planned for our futures financially. Although we have been married for two years, most of that time has been spent apart. Chris continued to finish his degree at UND while I worked in Fort Yates. This major sacrifice was made to put us in a better financial position. All of that has brought us to today. We are so excited to have a child. Everyone (my mom, dad, friends, my family and Chris’ mom) tells us that we will be such great parents. Chris is caring, detailed, goal oriented, and fun-loving. He loves to play games, get on the floor and wrestle, and teach kids new things. I, on the other hand, am extremely patient, generous, easy-going and love to spend time getting to know kids, doing crafty activities or teaching them new things. We have had a lot of practice with our nephew and nieces. For the past five years, we have loved them like our own. However, this love can nowhere compare to the love a parent must feel for their child. We are anticipating soccer games, first words, walks, first days of school, first friendships, and everything else that comes in life. So here we are, wondering if this could be it. Could we actually be pregnant, expecting the greatest gift in the world? We must wait a couple of more weeks to find out, although we bought the test a couple of nights ago. I must say that I was rather embarrassed at the purchase. I felt as though I was doing something wrong. I feel like I am at such a strange age—28, older to some, yet I feel so young. I guess that would explain why I felt so awkward—those few feelings that say I am too young to bear a child. Chris and I purchased the test, a pregnancy book and a book of baby names. Now we wait. As for names, right now we are leaning towards, Carver Michael, Drew Christopher, or Claire Leigh. We are both indifferent on the sex of our baby. No feelings either way. We are just excited about a baby!!! NOW WE WAIT!!!

Comments

Lauren said…
I just thought I would leave a comment cause it is almost as exciting as reading the actual blog!?! Haha. Unlike Mom's initial reaction, I actually loved that you started a blog! I can't wait to read all about what you have been up to since I hardly ever talk to you on the phone! Anyway, about the names, I thought that Carver wasn't in the mix anymore! I thought that we had talked you out of it with all the it is an occupation not a name talk! Haha. Hope you enjoyed my comment! Talk to you later! Love the best sister ever!

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

4 months

We are potentially down to our last four months in Korea. I say "potentially" because it rests solely on where we are going. If we are heading back to the States, we will most likely be leaving early June so that we can enjoy a full summer with family and have time to get settled before Claire begins school. We caught wind today of what could be our next assignment. Although it is far from official word, all of a sudden my tummy is filled with butterflies. I had the privilege of teaching a little first grade girl who was one of a set of quadruplets. They (she and her sisters) are the most delightful little girls. They are well behaved and truly beautiful inside and out. Anyway, their family was due to PCS (military move) in December. I teased her that I was going to follow her and live down the road. While they were house hunting, I continually asked if there was a neighboring house for me. She'd laugh and giggle, not really sure if I was serious or not. Her Mom thought