Skip to main content

3 Months




Claire is twelve weeks old. She is beginning to develop a new awareness and interest for discovery. Claire no longer likes to lay down for long periods, so we purchased the Bumbo, which is great. She wasn't so sure at first, but quickly came around. Claire continues to love her swing. She loves looking at the lights and listening to the music. She often falls asleep in her swing. Claire also loves baths. She smiles, coos, and has even begun to kick her legs. Lately we have been bathing her in the sink simply because it is in a more convenient location. We recently purchased Baby Einstein's activity mat. She loves it. She especially enjoys looking at the large smiley star that lights up and plays music. She is becoming more consistent at turning it on herself (she has to kick a pole on the outer corner), and is taking more of an interest in the toys that hang from the poles. Claire is eating well. Yesterday she at 8 ounces at one sitting!! This is not the norm, however. She generally eats 5 ounces. Claire is sleeping well too. Last night she slept from 8:00-2:30 a.m. then 3:00-6:40. It is wonderful for all. Claire is a perfect little baby. I can't wait until Christmas, so we can share her with the rest of my family (we bought our tickets yesterday!! Yay!!!)!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well..Well..It is about time you updated the blog. I have been checking for days only to see that stinky mess of a picture on the screen. Claire is such a cutie. Can't wait for CHRISTMAS!!

Love,
Jessica
Anonymous said…
Hi from the Forest's -- I'm glad to hear that you'll be around at Christmas. I hope we get a chance to meet Clarie. Abby and I check the weekly updates to look at the baby. She's a cutie:-) Nicole
Erin&Joshua said…
She is looking more and more like Chris! She is still so petite - I love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???