Skip to main content

The Luck of the Irish

 
 
 
I know I skipped a holiday when I debuted Claire's Easter attire--St. Patty's Day. We didn't forget, but just got so caught up in the idea of naked babyness that it slipped our minds. Claire got the shirt from her Auntie Lisa, Uncle Phil, Olivia, Luke and Ava who obviously appreciate the holiday spirit as much as we do. In fact, her Uncle Phil has historically enjoyed a good green guiness on the big day. Claire won't be following suit in that tradition, but did feel it was time to break out the shirt and call on St. Patrick himself for a little luck. She has developed a bit of a cold and needs something a little stronger than mommylove to beat it--so bring on the luck!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
She definitely looks Charming! I love the shirt! Claire is getting so big! I am sorry I will miss her at Easter!!
Erin&Joshua said…
Because I just may be the most Irish person Claire knows I am in GREAT appreciation of this post! I love the shirt and the jeans. Claire, ski season is almost over and then you are in BIG trouble!!
Anonymous said…
CLAIRE ONE WEEK BABY!!!You will be mine!

Love ya,
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

0.0

Yes, indeeedy do. 0.0 is exactly the amount of weight I lost this week. Irritating! Here's the breakdown: number of times I cheated on my diet--ZERO! number of times I worked out--FIVE!! (running, no less). Now that is a mean, mean slap in the face. After I picked myself off the floor and resisted the urge to throw the scale through my window, I've come to realize that it is time to call in the big guns. There will be no messing around. Through a very valuable (HA!--sense the sarcasm) inservice this year, I've learned that I am "Green," meaning logical, research based, problem solver, mathmatical thinker. I am applying the same thought and strategy to my 'get fit' adventure. There will be no relying on the treadmill to tell me how much I've burned. That thing lies, LIES, LIES!! Take for example, the fact that each time I worked out, I burned at least 300 calories--most often 350, my pulse was around 87 (which is pretty much a near death resting ...

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???