Skip to main content

18 months

Claire is a bit over 18 months, but we weren't able to get her in for her 18 month appointment until now--issues with being a single parent. Anyway, she did so well. I pushed off her hep A shot until today because she wasn't perfect (runny nose and eyes) at her 15 month appointment, which is my point of concern as a parent. Anyway, I elected to split that series of shots between two appointments. She didn't cry at all! It was rather amazing. She usually does very well, but tears seem to be inevitable. She is doing well developmentally too. Here are her stats:
height: 30.5 inches (30th %ile)
weight: 20 pounds 12 oz (5th %ile)
head circumferance: 48 cm. (75th %ile)
All in all things are looking up as she's climbing up the height chart! She's still a little peanut, but doing well. We quickly ran to Old Navy to get her some new pjs. She is over the one piece fleece jammies much to my sadness. I wish they made those in adult sizes! Anyway, she actually chose to sleep in a fleece jogging suit instead of her jammies one night this week. I allowed this in leiu of an argument. We bought some new jammies and found some rainboots. They are adorable but a bit big. She has fallen a few times because of their size. Oh well. She'll grow into them. This kid is a girly girl--shoes are her thing. Fun for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???