Skip to main content

changes

Our house has been full of changes. Some good. Some not so good. Since our routine was totally thrown to the wayside this past weekend, Claire has also thrown all she knows in regards to listening to the wayside. Although it our perception was probably a bit worse than it actually was, her behavior was a bit challenging. I feel we had a good taste of the terrible twos. Terrible it was. It was a tough go. She was sleeping in our bed and wouldn't lay down. But because we had no real room for consequences since we had no alternative arrangements, we fought it out and she eventually complied. It was tough. Things are looking brighter since we've adjusted back into normalcy.

Mya is changing too. She is getting to be such a big girl. She began putting her own paci in her mouth and holding her own bottle. It is so cute and makes life a bit easier. Of course, I hate to see her get bigger as I wish to keep her a bitty baby for as long as I can, it is pretty great seeing this growth.

And on for the big change...After much consideration, debate, and discussion, Chris and I have decided that it is best for him to accept a one year deployment to South Korea. He was almost instantly matched for the position and so the adventure begins. I will stay here with the kiddos while he is gone. This decision will keep him out of harms way (i.e., Iraq/Afghanistan) for at least another year or so, keep me at my job and our kids at the daycare they have grown to love. It will also take the pressure away from having to sell our house in a rather short period of time. He won't leave until April so he'll be around to protect Claire and Mya from the cowboys of Montana. All in all the good outweighs the bad. Sure we'll be apart, but it is our hope that the kiddos and I will make the trip to Korea over the summer and he'll come home for the holidays. Last year's visit to Iraq was a good test for us and showed me that I can go it alone. I've got great friends that will help me here and my family is always "on call." My Dad has already offered to come and lend a hand--I just need to say the word. Our focus is making the necessary sacrifices to put us in the best possible place. Perhaps our sacrifices may seem a bit extreme, but we are doing what is best for our family. Chris and I feel life is about the adventures and this is just one more that we will endure with excitement.

Comments

Jessica said…
Not sure what cowboys you are referring to...Nate is a white boy...but not skilled enough to be a cowboy...and for that I am thankful! Montana is beautiful you will like it...maybe you will even want to move here!

Love ya J
Kara said…
"white boy?" does he own a belt buckle?? that could make him a cowboy. ok, even if he isn't a cowboy, i know Montana is filled with them. i've been there, remember? it is beautiful. i know we will have a great time. we're looking forward to our trip already. as for the moving part, i am not so sure--maybe we can have our winter home in bozeman. i do LOVE that town.
ND NIC said…
OK -- Now I'm definately coming to visit you after Chris leaves......We'll have to get our schedules with school/summer vacations coordinated and pick a time.
Kara said…
yes, yes, yes Nicole!! I am pretty sure that the kiddos and I will also be coming to ND during the summer as well. Lots of together time. Yay!

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou