Skip to main content

Independent Babies and Bathtime Fun

This move has brought a major change in Mya. She has become this little independent thang. Mya plays by herself most of the time, crawls everywhere, and is overall, a pretty happy kid. It is such a strange change--not that she was a clingy thing before, but she stuck pretty close to Chris and I. Her favorite hangout in our new place is the bathtub. Given the smallest opportunity, Mya makes a fast dash for the tub. She bops up and down, just hoping that one fast bop will land her inside. Because of this fascination with baths and tubs in general, we keep the bathroom door closed most of the time. Anyway, speaking of baths...I had read on a blog or two about bath dropz. Thought I'd check them out now that we have a kid friendly bathtub. (Our house had a tub surround made of travertine and I was a bit worried about how paints would work on such a porus surface.) We bought some today (3.99 at Target) and they were a hit. They washed off easily, colored well and were lots of fun for both kiddies. We also bought the bath markers, which were great too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow...the things they come up with...can't imagine how we survived without markers in the bathtub....

Love ya,
J

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...