Skip to main content

Mya--9 months

/
Dearest Mya-moo,
Can it really be that you are 9 months already? Time has really escaped me. You have changed and grown so much in the past three months that it really is difficult for me to comprehend. You have become much more laid back, although you definitely have a firey personality. You DO NOT like to wait. I am certain you get that from me. I hate waiting too and when it comes to eating, you want it NOW. You are grabbing everything. You really would prefer to skip the baby food thing and jump right into whatever Claire is eating. Because of that desire and my laziness to prepare different meals, I have been feeding you much of what we eat. You've most recently enjoyed your first tasting of Chinese food. Yummo! You gobbled it down like nobody's business. Daddy and I just laughed and commented that you are definitely our kiddo. You love rice, cheese, yogurt, cereal puffs, bananas, peaches, sweet potatoes, and squash. Mixed vegetables, peas, baby cereal are not on your list of "likes" at this point, but you are a good sport and take a few bites. I recently fed you some Cheerios for breakfast and you devoured them like no other. I think we are officially moving away from baby food and moving into finger foods.

You are a mobile little thing. You started crawling last month and haven't stopped since. Pulling yourself up, opening and closing drawers and crawling around to see what you can get into is what you do best. You have most recently tackled stairs, making it all the way to the top of ours. Pretty impressive, yet nerve-wracking at the same time. Everytime you have a free minute, you bolt for the stairs to snoop around. You love to imitate others--nodding your head, shaking your head, following Claire around. You love to play with your activity table. You have recently started clapping your hands and when you get really excited, you raise your arms up and down while the rest of your body bounces. It is pretty adorable, but then again, I think everything you do is adorable.

You recently became very interested in Sophie. You had noticed her before, but now that you can move, you like to crawl over to her and investigate her mouth, paws or try to see what life is like from on top of her. Thankfully, Sophie is very tolerant and allows you to have your way with her.

Claire is your favorite person. You light up each and everytime she approaches you. She can make you belly laugh like no other. Every silly thing she does is hilarious in your eyes. You prefer to do what she is doing and like it most when she comes and teaches you new things with your toys. You especially love bath time because you get to kick and splash Claire. You think that is very funny. Claire is definitely the highlight in your day. She likes to call you "Mya-moo" or "Myamooshkey," and has the same admiration for you as you do her. I am certain you will be the best of friends for years to come.

Daddy and I finally reclaimed our bed after we returned from Grammy and Papa's house. It was time for you to enjoy the roominess of your crib. It has been an easy transition, which reassures me that it was definitely time. You cried it out for about 20 minutes the first night and that was it. You go right to sleep now, but typically wake up for a feeding around 2:00 am.

Mya-moo, you are such a little honey. You snuggle and rest your head on our legs when we are playing, you try to give kisses of the open mouth kind, you try to imitate things you see us do, you love to be where the action is and you love to be tickled. You are a pretty easy kid to handle and becoming more laid back as you get older. I love the fact that you can finally play independently as this certainly wasn't the case not long ago. You have the most adorable little cheeks and a smile combined with the crinkle of your nose that makes me laugh everytime. 

We still can't figure out who you are looking like more. You have many facial features that remind me of Claire, and I think the darker hair is from your Daddy. Your eyes are still bluish-green, so perhaps those will be like mine? You are beautiful. That is for certain. We get compliments everywhere we go about how beautiful our babies are. People just sit and stare throughout a dinner and then come up afterward and shower us with compliments. Your Daddy and I are so proud. We love our girls more than anything in this world.

You have officially moved out of your infant carseat. We laugh because you fall asleep everytime you ride more than 10 minutes in your new seat. We feel like we have been depriving you of comfort for the past 8 months!

You have 3 teeth--two on the bottom and one on the top that has recently popped through. You now weigh 18 pounds 4 oz (50th %ile), 27 1/2 in. (50th %ile) long and your head is 46.5 cm (95th%ile). You are truly growing into yourself and are not too far off (1/2 in. longer and one pound bigger) from where your sister was at 9 months, although you seem completely different size wise.

Mya, you are such a blessing. You are beautiful inside and out. You make each day, no matter how easy or difficult, one that is filled with love and pride. I am so proud to be your Momma. You are such a gift and oh so easy to love. Knowing that you are 9 months, is definitely bittersweet. I am trying to cherish every moment and savor every day. You are changing way too quickly but I am loving every minute of it.
I love you Mya-moo.
Momma

Comments

Anonymous said…
We love Mya--moo too...She is adorable..just wish you all lived closer so we could cherish her daily as well..

Love ya,
J

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???