Skip to main content

delicious



my babies are absolutely delicious. i could eat every grin, laugh, smile, tear, frown, pucker. every. stinkin. one. i love them that much. it is true. as mya gets bigger, she is becoming more interested in doing things as claire does. her latest interest is babies. she is holding claire's dolls, snuggles them tightly and occasionally, opens her mouth for a big open smooch. she is just as interested in sophie. she grabs sophie's ears, looks in her mouth, and feeds sophie goldfish. mya is loving music, which tends to bring out her groovy body bops, playing with the leapfrog toys on our fridge, rides in the stroller, being tickled, peek a boo, looking at books with babies. this kiddo is also so done with babyfood. she wants nothing to do with it. this change started a month or so ago. she literally has a meltdown if she isn't given the same food as everyone else. despite the early onset of drama, i can truly say that everyday gets better and better.
claire is becoming a little lady. she is finally moving toward 2T pants. AMEN!! i never thought i'd have such a little peanut for a kiddo, but she is just that. peanutty perfection. she's finally got a solid grasp on colors, learning some sounds that letters make, cuts like a pro and is starting to get the hang of coloring within the lines. she thinks she can write letters, but not so much in English. claire drew her first "person" about a month ago. it was adorable. of course i kept it. now she spits out people left and right. she can name the days of the week, recites our phone number, where we live and where my parents and sisters families live. recently when i asked her where jessica lives, she paused for a moment, got a big sly grin on her face and said, "africa." obviously, jessica doesn't live in africa, but she thought she was so funny. chris and i laughed, so now she says africa everytime. ahhhh. she just covered a unit on africa at daycare where they went on a safari, made cameras to take pictures of the animals, made a backpack, etc. it was quite cute. claire is phobic about bugs. she thinks all bugs are ladybugs and freaks out when any are in sight. it is so frustrating. we think this phobia stems from an incident last fall when a swarm of ladybugs kind of enveloped the area. they were everywhere. now she thinks every black spec on the carpet or ground is a bug and has to examine it accordingly. hopefully ocd isn't in her future. ugh. today claire and i had a fabulous day. we ran around town doing a bit of shopping and errands then went for lunch. claire, definitely my daughter, chose "sahsa and chips" and some "walkamowe." it was yummy. great company. good food. can't beat that. i then took her to a "special store" (dollar store) where we found the center of universe. the baby bottle that emptys as you "feed" and refills again when it is upright. she is madly and truly in love with this thing. we've been playing babies since we arrived home this afternoon. my baby being a momma. delicious.
life is good right now. mya is becoming more independent, claire is a good listener, both are happy, our house is off our minds, things are falling into place financially, stress is subsiding, and we will be with my family in a month. can't ask for more than that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those kiddos are so cute i can hardly stand it...mya's hair is getting longer too...she is turning into quite the young lady! Cant wait to see you guys...only 28 days...YEAH

Love ya,
J
April said…
This post is awesome, makes me miss Mya and Claire-- give them a squeeze! It's funny, Rory's favorite word lately is "delicious."
Anonymous said…
I can't wait to see you all!! Mya is getting a lot of hair!! WOW! Less than a month to go!! :)

Love,
Lauren

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...