Skip to main content

Little by Little

Grab My Button!





Confession time. Have I lived up to Casey's "Movin in March" guidelines? I'm afraid not, but I didn't really plan on following them exactly.
1. We did eat out.
2. I did exercise 3 times last week!!
3. I didn't eat any candy! The bag of cadbury minieggs is still locked up tightly in my cupboard.
4. I did lose 1.4 pounds.
Although my week didn't go exactly according to plan, I am okay with it. I am pleased that I actually made it to the gym. I am even happier that I ran 3/4 of a mile without throwing up! Perhaps that isn't really a possibility--I probably should have written "without having an exercise induced asthma attack." Chris can speak to this condition. I really do have EIA--or so I tell him.
On the food front, we are ordering Chinese food for dinner tonight. Yummy. Not eating out really isn't a realistic guideline for me, so I have to tweak the plan a bit. Here it is for this week:
1. Exercise 4 times. We will be breaking out the P90X hell too. For real this time :)
2. Limit eating/take out to 2 times.
3. Lose 3 pounds??


Here's to week 2!

Comments

Erin said…
Kara, you are doing a GREAT job!
Anonymous said…
you can do it

love ya,J
Alison said…
Good for you for making it to the gym and I am even more impressed that you haven't tapped into those cadbury eggs :-) I am jealous you had Chinese food this week...it's my favorite. Keep up the good work!
Oh girl, don't worry about eating out! I couldn't do that either! The goal is to not eat fast food, i.e. the kind with so much trans fat, french fries, soda, etc. Eating out is normal, you just have to make a good choice! French fries = Not a good choice. Ha ha!

Keep up the great work! Good luck with the p90X. You are brave!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweetness Overload

So, we are still roughing it in our amazingly, wonderfully fabulous, new house. That means, air mattresses in our living room. Fun. The girls love it, Chris and I not so much ;) Anyway, the close proximity means Chris and I get to eavesdrop on some very tender moments. They seriously bring tears to my eyes. How did we get so lucky to have them as our children??? Here's one example. Claire--"Mya, can we snuggle?" Mya--"sure." Claire--"don't let go." Mya--"No, I'll just wait until you are sleeping." Claire--"No, you wait until the middle of the night." Mya--"Okay, I'll wait until the middle of the night." Then we hear lips smacking. So cute. I won't share the meltdown that occured moments before this sweetness ;) Life isn't always rosey, now is it? Ha! In other news..we get internet today and our furniture/things tomorrow! That means 1 more night of "roughing it!" Yippee!

Progress

I used to be prompt about scrapbooking in Claire's album. After seeing my sister's pictures piled up three children later, I was determined not to have the same fate. I am sure it is difficult for some of you to believe, but since Claire has been born, my free time has been limited. Really, it has. So, our pictures are finding their way into piles too--5 to be exact. However, I am thrilled to say that I finished (ok, they aren't completely finished, but nearly. I only have journaling to do.) six pages. Yes, that's right, I said SIX!! It was a major accomplishment. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. Only 5 more months left to get through....any volunteers? Jessica???

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really ...