Skip to main content

Paper Lanterns & the promise of a post

So...I promised my sister that I'd post today. THe post didn't actually happen like I'd envisioned when I made that promise. Our weekend was filled with receiving gas masks (as a standard precaution), errands, and trying to teach Claire how to ride bike, which means a weekend of frustration and irritation. The girl is a perfect  blend of Chris and I. She is a perfectionistic child who has a huge stubborn streak and an eagerness to learn, but an overwhelming desire to get it right the first time. Quite frankly, most things have come quickly and easily to her. She has, after all, pretty much been the perfect baby/child thus far. I think she may have met her match. She wants nothing more than to ride a bike with only 2 wheels,  but has been experiencing her fill of frustration. That whole balancing thing has gotten the best of her. She can roll down the street on her stride bike, but the minute she hops on her bike without training wheels and attempts to pedal, the wibble wobbling begins. And she gets off. Poor poor girlie! I'll post a few pics just to document her frustration. I should have gotten a few pics of Chris' frustration as it was nearly identical to Claire's. I keep reminding him that she's only 4, but even hearing myself say it doesn't seem to help. I do know that she'll get it when she's ready. We'll just keep plugging along on her time. A good lesson learned for all.
A bicycle built for 2?

Check out Mya's feet. This girlie is either barefoot or wearing someone else's shoes ;)



Quite obviously a "before" picture. What a gorgeous smile!






In other news, I changed my blog header. Actually, I changed the entire blog, but did parts of it a few days ago. I am loving the clean, crisp look of white and as in my real life, I am embracing simplicity and less. I guess it is also incorporated into my blog life as well. I am loving it. The lanterns are my homage to S. Korea. Only 9 more months for us to call this place home. I can't wait to find out what lies ahead!!

Comments

Jessica said…
Good work...Finally an update..pictures would be good though!

Love ya,
J
jeanniy said…
Yes, I also think pictures would make the "new look" perfect.

love you guys,
Erin said…
Claire sounds so very much like me it cracks me up (and makes me realize what a frustration I must have been to my parents!). I love the new blog style and am working on ideas for updating our blog.....know any good blog designers :)???

I'm glad to hear that things are still good in S.K. and that you are embracing all it has to offer in these last months. I'm very much enjoying SK and can't wait to see more of its beauty!

Take care -
xoxo Erin
Anonymous said…
Ok LOVE the pictures! How cute are they! Knee pads? Way to funny! Sorta reminds me of when we met Phil the first time rollerblading and he wore his safety gear!

Love ya, J
myaclairedesign said…
I know, right??! Now that is one funny memory! The knee pads came with their helmet and we all know one can never be too safe ;) They insisted on wearing them. Claire is kind of like Olivia in terms of intelligence/irrationality/anxiety, so I fear she will never ride bike without them. Ha!
myaclairedesign said…
Erin--I'd be more than happy to put together a design for you. I actually saved myself the headaches and changed the font through the blogger options vs. entering the html codes. Much, much easier! Let me know what you'd like to have as the design and I'll put something together or if you have blogs that you like the design of, that would help too!
Anonymous said…
How adorable! I love seeing the pictures, its neat to see how the kiddos all look alike, Gracie fits right in :)
jeanniy said…
Awh!!! poor baby

Claire don't look so sad you will get the hang of it.
You look like your dad with that face.
don't give up sweetie you will be riding before you know it.

love you
Me`me`
Anonymous said…
I showed Phil Jessica's comment...his comment was "it was only wrist cards, not a helmet and knee pads". Funny! You all have good memories...that was 14 years ago! In your efforts to simplify, to not forget to update your blog at least since I never hear from you!! The kids loved the letter. Luke typed a whole letter to you only to have it deleted! He was so mad. They will work on another one.
Love ya, Lisa
April said…
I'm liking the new format with the larger text column! Strong work, and sweet pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

A post

You wanted it, you asked for it, so here it is. A post. Hopefully this post will satisfy all your desires. I am not writing about the apple of my eye, Claire, but of the other apple of my eye--reality tv. I love it! Right now I am getting my fill of Big Brother. I have even lured Chris into my dark place. He mostly watched last season because Dick was such a jerk, but Chris is hooked. He's a dedicated viewer once again this season. Sadly, he was a fan of Matty who was kicked off a few weeks ago. I don't think I have a favorite. I find them all to be so obnoxious, yet I watch. Go figure. I obviously need some more excitement in my life. Girls who wear butt showing shorts, screaming matches, verbal abuse, crazy eyes, back stabbing, boys running around in their colored tighty whiteys (if tighty whiteys are colored, are they still called tighty whiteys?)---all in one episode! It is a gold mine. My second can't miss show is Housewives of Orange County or New York City. I really

2 weeks...

As I write this, my house is being cleaned and not by me. This is my favorite day of the week. There is nothing like going home to a clean house and smelling the bleach to know it is germ free as well. This is my second good day in a row! I took the day off yesterday. Claire didn't have school due to Fasching (German equivalent of Halloween--minus the door to door trick or treating), so I gave Mya the option of hanging out with us as well. She took some convincing, but later said she had a great day. I must admit that I was focused on giving my back a much needed break, so my morning consisted of napping and laying on the couch. Not my best parenting in action, but it did wonders for the rest of the day. We met Chris for lunch, then returned home to enjoy the sunshine before the girls' swimming lessons. It was in the 50's yesterday, absolutely gorgeous! It really is hard to believe that we made it through the entire winter with no snow. I think it snowed possibly 2 days, b

Claire, Mya and the NEWS

Chris and I had this elaborate plan on how we were going to share the news with our girls. I ordered adorable shirts, which took forever to get here. They were supposed to ship Oct. 4, but didn't. I am not a patient soul at all. I love to share good news and spread the excitement. We went to a German doctor last week for a gender reveal ultrasound. He was 99% certain of his selection. Claire and I began looking at clothes online. She asked questions about why we were looking at baby clothing, but thankfully, my sister has a little guy and a baby girl who is due in December. They are my perfect excuses for all things baby! Claire asked nothing more and began pointing out things we should buy Jackson or the new baby girl. Our weekends typically involve partaking in a local event or just relaxing, which means a trip to the KMCC Mall. Saturday we went shopping or at least looking. Once again, the girls became excited, choosing items for Jackson or the new baby girl. I decided I cou